Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2018/2019 Academic Session. Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, University of Birmingham, (UK) and Soochow University, China. Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
UNILAG JUPEB Subject Combination.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme, teaching subjects in line with the JUPEB Syllabus for admission according to the following subject combination groupings:
S/N SUBJECT COMBINATION DESIGNATION
1. Accounting_Business Studies_Economics SFS01
2. Accounting_Economics_Geography SFS02
3. Accounting_Economics_Government SFS03
4. Visual Arts_Christian Reglious Studies_Government SFS04
5. Visual Arts_Christian Reglious Studies _Music SFS05
6. Visual Arts _Government _Music SFS06
7. Visual Arts _Literature In English_Music SFS07
8. Visual Arts _Mathematics_Physics SFS08
9. Biology_Chemistry_Physics SFS09
10. Biology_Economics_Government SFS11
11. Biology_Economics_Literature In English SFS12
12. Biology_Mathematics_Physics SFS13
13. Business Studies_Economics_Government SFS14
14. Chemistry_Economics_Mathematics SFS15
15. Chemistry_Physics_Mathematics SFS16
16. Christian Reglious Studies _French_ Literature In English SFS17
17. Christian Reglious Studies _ Government _Music SFS18
18. Christian Reglious Studies _ Government _Yoruba SFS19
19. Christian Reglious Studies _Governmen_Igbo SFS20
20. Christian Reglious Studies _ Literature In English_History SFS21
21. Christian Reglious Studies _ Literature In English _Music SFS22
22. Economics _Geography_ Government SFS23
23. Economics _ Government _Islamic Studies SFS24
24. Economics _ Government _ Literature In English SFS25
25. Economics _ Mathematics _Physics SFS26
26. French_ Government _Islamic Studies SFS27
27. French_History_Islamics Studies SFS28
28. Government _ Christian Reglious Studies _Economics SFS29
29. Government _History_Islamics Studies SFS30
30. Government _ Literature In English _History SFS31
31 Government_ Literature In English _Music SFS32
32. History_ Government _ Christian Reglious Studies SFS33
33. Islamic Studies_ Government _ Literature In English SFS34
34. Literature In English _ Government _ Christian Reglious Studies SFS35
35. Literature In English _History_Islamics Studies SFS36
36. Mathematics_Geography_Economics SFS37
37. Mathematics_Physics_Geography SFS38
38. Government_Islamic Studies_Economics SFS39
39. Biology_Chemistry_Economics SFS40
40. Visual Arts_Government_Islamics Studies SFS41
41. Visual Arts_ Christian Reglious Studies _History SFS42
UNILAG JUPEB Admission Requirements.
A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, examination malpractice and other anti-social behavior. All admitted students will undergo compulsory medical test.
How to Apply for UNILAG JUPEB Admission.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e- APPLICATION FORM:
visit the University of Lagos website (www.unilag.edu.ng)
on the prospective students menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies
go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission.
complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the applicant’s names.
For University of Lagos Staff Children:
Click the staff biological child link, provide 5 digit staff ID number and select appropriate name on the staff children list to obtain a payment reference number (PRN).
Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests (excluding Bank Charges)): N25, 000.00 (non-refundable).
Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
– Return to the University website, click on School of Foundation Studies and click on continue Application. Log in with PRN and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
– Complete the application form, print two copies and bring along to the entrance examination on 10th – 14th July, 2017
N.B.: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online
The Application opens on Monday, 7th May, 2018 and closes on Friday, 27th July, 2018.
Examination Dates: 13th – 17th August, 2018
Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Please check the Unilag Website a week before examination to verify your venue and examination date).
All Questions are Multiple Choice.
Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects (according to candidates choice of subject combination) of 15 questions each, that is, a total of 85 questions to be answered in 1 hour.
Students are to report at designated venues – according to the schedule on the Examination Pass.
All candidates must be at the designated venues two hours before the scheduled Examination time.
Results:- Results and merit admission will be released on the University website on: Wednesday, 29th August, 2018.
All Enquiries are to be made to Director, School of Foundation Studies
+234-09093621958 (Please call during office hours only, 8am – 6pm)
Follow me on Twitter via this link: @unilaglead; Like us on Facebook via this link: @unilagadmissionlead; Send in your question(s) in the comment section just below this post we would respond asap. Feel free to ask your question(s) and get instant answer(s) via LiveChat on the right side below this page or chat me up live on Telegram Only: 0809 832 1352