Fund for International Development (OFID) hereby invite applications from eligible undergraduates from year 3 and those who have obtain their Degree to apply for the 2017/2018 OFID scholarship worth of US$50,000.
PLEASE NOTE: The 2017/2018 OFID scholarship will award four (4) candidates for Master’s degree studies
The 2017/2018 OFID scholarship which aims to help highly motivated individuals to scale through life biggest problem FINANCE (cost of studies)
Only Winner of the 2017/2018 OFID scholarship will be notified on the 6th of June, 2017 as the application closes on 1st May, 2017.
- Must be from OFID developing countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Nigeria, Iran, Indonesia, Iraq, Kuwait. Libya, Qatar, Arabia, Saudi, Venezuela, United Arab Emirates)
- Must be between 23 – 32 years at the time of application submission
- Must have obtained his/her B.Sc or close to obtaining it from accredited Institutions or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 rating system (scale) or its equivalent
- Must have gained admission into accredited institution for the study of master’s degree (M.Sc) for the August/September 2017 academic year and must be a full time student.
- Must choose a course of study relevant to OFID’s core mission like economics of development, environment or other related science and technology field.
Guidelines for Applying
- Ensure you fulfill the OFID scholarship Award Eligibility
- All registration should be done on the OFID Scholarship Portal (click here) by using their email address, constant login is allowed till your application is submitted.
- Carefully fill your application form and ensure you save data each time your add any information. The page will automatically log out after two hours of inactivity and all unsaved data will be lost, submit application once you are ok with your information and requirements of the OFID Scholarship.
- All necessary documents should be uploaded: CV, two recommendation letters, Bachelor’s Certificate/transcript, acceptance letter in postgraduate program, passport copy and essay.
- When your application is completely filled and adequate documents upload, submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you cannot edit your applications again.
- Note: do not call or email OFID to check your application status, but will receive email confirmation once your application has been submitted.
- Two recommendations letters from professors or lecturers your present institution
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Completed on-line application form
- Passport photograph
- Last university degree or certificate
- Letter of acceptance from accredited institution confirming your admission, course and Master’s program duration.
- Short essay (about 500 words in English), which states your reasons for applying the OFID scholarship. Explaining: educational goals, describe how you will use your experience gained from the Master’s degree to help in developing your country.
- Winners will be awarded US$50,000
- Tuition fees etc as may require by the academic institution will be paid by the OFID directly to the institution.
- Health insurance will be taken care of by OFID according to the institution’s own medical standard scheme
- Monthly welfare allowance for living, book and accommodation will be directly transferred to the student’s person bank account.
- Travel expenses will be paid by OFID and relocation grant will be paid to student.
- In completion of the MSc degree, student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her country .
1st May, 2017
For more information visit 2017/2018 OFID scholarship by clicking http://www.ofid.org/FOCUS-AREAS/Beyond-the-scope/Scholarship-Award
Follow me on Twitter via this link: @unilaglead; Like us on Facebook via this link: @unilagadmissionlead; Send in your question(s) in the comment section just below this post we would respond asap. Feel free to ask your question(s) and get instant answer(s) via LiveChat on the right side below this page or chat me up live on Telegram Only: 0809 832 1352