The Student Affairs Division has released the time-table for rescheduled elections of the 2016/2017 Academic Session for the Faculties of Education, Environmental Sciences, Pharmacy and Halls of Residence. The new schedule is as follows:
|1.||26/1/17||Release of 2016/2017 Election Guidelines for commencement of the electioneering campaigns in Faculties/Halls of Residence|
|2.||31/1/17||Meeting with Faculty Staff Advisers and Hall Wardens|
|3.||1/2/17||Formation of Electoral Committees by the Staff Advisers and approval of the Electoral Committees by the Dean of Student Affairs|
|4.||1-10/2/17||Collection and Submission of completed nomination forms to the Electoral Committees by interested candidates|
|5.||10-14/2/17||Submission of nomination forms to the Staff Adviser for screening|
|6.||14-17/2/17||Screening & vetting of nomination forms by Dean, Student Affairs Division|
|7.||17/2/17||Release of names of contestants|
|9.||22-23/2/17||Elections in Faculties/Departments (Education, Environmental Sciences and Pharmacy) and Halls of Residence (9a.m. – 2.00p.m. each day)|
|10.||9/3/17||Swearing in Ceremony for Faculties, Halls of Residence and DLI Executives|
Get Free Blog Post Updates!
Please note the following:
- Members of Electoral Committee must not be less than 5 representatives of each Department in the Faculty/Halls of Residence.
- Faculty and Departmental elections are to hold simultaneously.
- All registered students for the 2016/2017 session are eligible to contest and vote
- The current year one students (2016/2017) are eligible to vote but not eligible to contest.
- Contestants for any position must have reference letters from 2 academic staff of his/her Faculty.
- Students who have matriculated in other post-secondary higher institutions other than the University of Lagos are not eligible for any position either as members of electoral committee or contestant/candidate for any position.
- Part-time/evening students are not eligible to vote or be voted for.
- Manifestoes for Faculty/Department elections to be held at the same time, a day before Election Day in each Faculty (Education, Environmental Sciences and Pharmacy.
- Election to start by 9.00am and close by 2.00pm. The results of the election will be displayed on the University website immediately after voting.
Participants are advised to kindly adhere to all necessary instructions.
Please note that any election conducted without the representative of the Dean of Student Affairs Division shall be NULL AND VOID.